Letter to Parents
I’m so glad to have you in my class this year! We will learn so much together and have a lot of fun while doing it!
I want to tell you a little about me! This year will be my 24th year teaching. I have taught various grades during my teaching career. I have taught art, first grade as well as second, fourth, and fifth grades. Most of my years have been teaching second grade, of which I taught 14 years. I graduated from the University of Tennessee, and therefore, I’m a fan and love going to the games. My wife of 27 years, Kristi and I have two awesome children. Claire, my daughter, graduated from Lenoir High School and Pellissippi State is working as a dental technician in Knoxville. She is returning to school this fall to pursue a degree in nursing, following her mother's footsteps to be an RN. Chandler, my son, will be a senior at Lenoir City High School this year and works for the local utilities. He started driving last year and is in the Engineering Program at his school. We live in Lenoir City and have five dogs. One is named Essie, one is named Baby, one is named Betty, one is Tater, and the last one, which we just got recently is named Sadie. She is a collie.
I want you to know that first grade is a wonderful experience. You will learn a lot, read better, improve in math, and make many new friends. Doesn’t that sound awesome? Here are some important facts you should know about first grade.
I am very excited to meet your family and begin teaching you. Enjoy what is left of your summer! I’ll see you on August 1 at registration!
Mr. Hall's Supply List - 2018 - 19
I have a list of items we will need this coming school year. These items are on a volunteer basis. The county has a county-wide second grade supply list that differs from the one below. There are some items on that list that we don't use because..."one size doesn't always fit all". Therefore, please choose to use this list. Thank you!
- Free-standing framed picture of your family to display in the classroom throughout the year (no larger than a 5x7)
- Scissors (1 pair - please write your child's name on them)
- Crayons (2 packages of 24-count Crayola crayons)
- Large pack of glue sticks
- 1 large backpack, no wheels
- 1 Package of dry erase markers (larger type)
- Pencils (no mechanical ones please)
- 1 (1-inch) three-ring binder with clear page on front to slip something in - any color - please write your child's name on the inside
- Erasers (pencil-top type)
- Zippered pencil pouch (no pencil boxes please)
- Package of clear page protectors for the students' end-of-year scrapbook
- Snacks (Goldfish, granola bars, fruit chews, boxed cereals, etc.)
- Please bring in $5.00 on registration day for your child's planner and folder.
***Note: Please notice that I didn't request some items like folders, cardstock, etc. I will request these items as needed during the year via my Friday Newsletter if needed. Thanks!
Mr. Hall's Second Grade Class
2018 - 19
Available after July 13
8:00 - 8:25 Homeroom
8:25 - 9:10 Launch
9:15 - 10:00 Special
10:00 - 10:30 RLA - Fundations
10:30 - 11:15 RLA - CKLA
11:15 - 11:45 RLA Small Groups
11:50 - 12:20 Lunch
12:20 - 12:50 Recess
12:50 - 1:20 RLA Small Groups
1:20 - 1:50 Grammar/Writing
1:50 - 2:50 Math
2:50 - 3:00 Pack-up/Dismissal