New Student Information:
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS to register your child. We will not be able to register until all items have been turned in.
Documentation Needed for Enrollment
_______ Withdrawal form or last report card from previous school is helpful for proper placement of the student
_______ Official Birth Certificate (not the mothers copy)
_______ Social Security Card
_______Health Records (TN Immunization Form) If coming from out of state, please take the student’s health record to the Loudon County Health Department to be transferred onto a TN form.
Loudon County Health Department
600 Rayder Ave
Loudon, TN 37774
Tennessee State Immunization Requirements can be found at this website:
_______ Physical examination: If entering kindergarten, the student physical must be no older than first day of school from last school year. Students transferring from other school systems whose cumulative file lacks a documented physical must have a physical. We will honor all physicals completed after the age of five, with proof of the examination: TN Blue Medical Entry form, signature from MD on the bottom of State Immunization Form, or prescription note from physician. Students will be allowed to remain in school while awaiting the physical. If the student has not had a physical, the appointment must be made within 10 days of enrollment. Parents must show a copy of the appointment. If the parent fails to obtain the physical, the school will take further action as deemed appropriate by the principal.
_______Proof of residency (See Loudon County Schools residency requirements attached below)
______Proof of Guardianship documents accepted:
- Both natural parents on birth certificate, currently married and living with child.
- Divorce papers or parenting contract that outline custodial assignment (signed by judge).
- Court order for appointed guardian (signed by judge)
- Power of attorney (see below)
PreK and Kindergarten Round-up Information:
If the child is already 4 for Pre-K or 5 for K they will need to bring their immunization record and medical examination/physical papers. The medical exam/physical papers can be obtained at the child’s pediatrician's office.
- For Pre-K, the child must be four years of age on or before August 15, 2020.
- For Kindergarten, the child must be five years of age on or before August 15, 2020.
- The student's legal guardian/parent must complete the forms for registration at the school they wish to attend.
- For the Pre-K registration, parents will need to provide proof of income. Income verification documents include pay stubs, W-2 forms, Income Tax 2019, unemployment compensation, worker’ compensation documentation, pension stubs, retirement documentation, social security, veteran's benefits letter, child support, alimony documentation, SSI documentation, TANF documentation, foster care reimbursement, Public Assistance payment, TN Care verification. The Voluntary Pre-K program is specifically funded for children in economically disadvantaged situations. However, we encourage everyone to apply even if they may not qualify as economically disadvantaged because occasionally there are student openings after the economically disadvantaged children are placed in the classes.
- Kindergarten registration will take place at each individual Loudon County Schools based on family address and school zoning.
- All Pre-K registration will take place at Loudon County Technology Center on April 17th, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- For Pre-K and K registration, parents will need to bring: (helpful hint – If you bring us copies to keep it makes the process go much faster 😊
- A state certified birth certificate (If the child was born in the state of TN, the birth certificate can be obtained from the Health Dept. or from the state website. There is usually some difficulty obtaining doctor appointment and birth certificates at the last minute, so we encourage parents to plan ahead for these needs.)
- Proof of residence in Loudon County We need three items. (1.) Utility bill or similar bill (2.) Renter's agreement or property tax notice () Guardian’s state issued identification with the same address as proof # 1 and #2.
- Here are a few websites that can help prepare your little one for kindergarten: