Good evening, Eaton families.
- August 1st is registration day. We do ask that all returning students come on registration day. We have found having students come reduces anxiety prior to the first day of school, reduces confusion, allows families to meet the teacher, bring school supplies, and we ensure all yearly paperwork is completed accurately. On July 27th your child’s teacher will call to schedule a registration time with you. We’ve decided to continue with appointments because we’ve found it allows for families to speak with teacher and not be overwhelmed. New students will need to bring registration documents between 8-2:30, which can be found here New Student Information – Parents – Eaton Elementary School (loudoncounty.org)
- Our supply lists for next year are posted on our website. Supply Lists – Parents – Eaton Elementary School (loudoncounty.org)
- Each grade level will have a parent night where you can learn more about the classroom and grade level expectations, speak with administration, and ask questions.
- Tuesday, August 2nd – 1st grade @ 5:00
- Tuesday, August 2nd – 2nd grade @ 6:00
- Wednesday, August 3rd – 3rd grade @ 5:00
- Wednesday, August 3rd – 4th grade @ 6:00
- Tuesday, August 9th – PreK and Kindergarten @ 5:00
- Our district is doing a staggered start again for 1st – 4th August 2nd students with the last name A – K and August 3rd students with the last name L – Z. August 4th we will not have school and all students will attend on August 5th. Please note kindergarten and prek stagger start does look different. We have included those details in your letter and your child’s teacher will speak with you in more detail about this during registration day.
- Breakfast and Lunch: The waiver that allowed all students to eat free has expired, so please check the website for pricing so you can plan accordingly. Complete your Free/Reduced Application right now: Horizon Free & Reduced Apps (horizonsolana.com)
- Traffic Patterns: The traffic pattern will remain the same as last year. If you are new or need a refresher maps and directions can be found here: Traffic Patterns – Parents – Eaton Elementary School (loudoncounty.org)
- Updates on Safety: Parents will be able to walk their child to class on the stagger start days only. After the stagger days all students should be dropped off via a car or bus on the front sidewalk to keep optimum traffic flow and student safety. We will have visitors at lunch by appointment only due to limited space and safety.
- Sidewalk Smiles: We are still looking for help on the sidewalk on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. All you need to do is be willing to greet kiddos with a smile, a warm greeting, and open/close their doors from 7:15-8:00. If you are interested, please email [email protected].
We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday, August 1st.
Mrs. Baessler and Eaton Elementary Staff