Happy Monday! We hope everyone enjoyed the day off yesterday celebrating Labor Day. Here are your “Parent Monday Minute” updates for this week.
- Grandparents’ day dinner is set for Friday. Families had to pre-register for this event and registration is now closed. Our PTO will be sending home detailed information this week regarding arrival time to all families who registered. We will be having a staggered arrival time based on your last name to help monitor the amount of people we have in the building at a time. Additionally, we will be assigning table numbers, when you check in, to assist with social distancing. If you have questions, please email our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Rocketeer for September was sent home last Tuesday. We have attached an electronic copy to the Monday Minute email and our website. It has your September calendars, lunch menu, PTO connection, and other important information. It also includes a flyer, so you link you Food City card and earn Food City Bucks for our school. 153458-e97a576f-44d6-4442-95af-9035372a0ad1.pdf (edl.io)
- Our door number one will open at 7:10, however our sidewalk crew will not come out until 7:15. If you choose to drop your child off between 7:10-7:15 please know they will need to open their own car door and walk in.
- All students should be dropped off and picked up via the car line in front of the school. Parents should not be walking their child to or from the school. Additionally, the only parents using the side lot should be PreK due to those parents having to sign their child in and out of school.
- Thursday is Parent/Teacher conferences from 3:30-6:30. There will be no afterschool LAUNCH on Thursday due to conferences.
- Our annual fundraiser kickoff begins next week with a spirit week, September 13-17. On Monday we will dress in school spirit day, Tuesday is hat day, Wednesday is wacky day, Thursday is decades day, and Friday is dress like an animal day. Friday we will have kickoff celebration and Read-a-thon donation packets will go home. Our fundraiser consists of three parts: Read-a-thon, Auction (baskets and class art projects), and Carnival. This year our entire school will be reading “Stuart Little” from September 20-October 21. On October 22nd we will have an all-day Read-a-thon, an honorary walk around the track in memory of Mary Lee Wampler Hitch, live announcements, and a parade to crown our prince and princess for each grade level. The Read-a-thon will conclude October 22 with a Carnival on the track out back from 5-8. We hope you make plans to join us.
If you missed any part of the Monday Minute please check your email, our Facebook page, or website for those details.