Happy Monday! We have several updates today on our “Parent Monday Minute”.
- We need grocery bags for our Friday food backpacks. If you would like to donate, please send them to the office.
- We need substitutes this year. If you would like to apply, please reach out to Mrs. Housley for an application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4th /5th grade girls’ basketball will be having open gym and try outs this month at Highland Park. The flyer is on our Facebook and website page.
- We understand that the beginning of the year traffic on our campus can be very frustrating and that the initial wait times are long. Between NMS and EES, we have approximately 1600 students with a small percentage riding the bus. This year, both schools have increased enrollment, thus adding more cars to our lines in the morning and afternoon. Please know that we do our best to dismiss all our students as quickly and efficiently as possible. Safety is our number one goal in all aspects of our day. The traffic map can be found on our website or Facebook page. Please be patient as we work to improve each day and get every child home safely.
- A few tips for arrival and dismissal:
- Please pull forward as far as you can to the car in front of you.
- Make sure your student(s) have all their belongings in their hands and ready to exit.
- We are asking all students to be dropped off and picked up in the car line and not to walk up on the sidewalk. This disrupts the flow of traffic and our ability to call students to their spot smoothly.
- If you need to check out, please make it before 2:30. At 2:30 we switch into dismissal mode and our traffic becomes more congested.
- Keep your car tag hanging until your child is in the car.
If you missed any part of the Monday Minute please check your email, our Facebook page, or website for those details.