Good afternoon, this is Mrs. Baessler, Principal at Eaton Elementary with your Monday Minute. We have enjoyed this beautiful spring weather that has rolled into East Tennessee.
- Due to a staff meeting tomorrow afternoon there will be NO LAUNCH tomorrow, Tuesday March 23rd.
- Kindergarten Round-up: Calling all future rockets!
- Packet Pickup: March 29th from 9-2 (https://bit.ly/3c7uDQf)
- Return Packet: April 1st from 9-2
- Yearbook forms have been sent home and they are $10 this year. http://ees.loudoncounty.org/apps/news/article/1410221
- We have a few cookbooks left over from our February Family Engagement event. If you would like one, please send in $10. They will be first come first serve because we only have a few remaining.
- Family Engagement for March: We sent home our STEM activity on Friday. We have a seesaw challenge for K & 1st and a bottle flip challenge for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. The projects and videos/pictures are due on Friday. If the paper didn’t make it home, you can find them on our website: http://ees.loudoncounty.org/apps/news/article/1410217
- Coordinated School Health has created a virtual health fair. Community partners and school supporters submitted a video, flyer, or slideshow. There is a survey for each "vendor" that staff and families can complete for an entry into the door prize drawings. The website will be available until summer, but the survey/door prize window will close Friday, the 26th. https://sites.google.com/view/csh-health-fair
- Our district participates with the LIFT network of schools and they are working to gauge perception about your child’s reading instruction and the progress this school year. We would love your input. Click on the link to complete the survey: https://www.research.net/r/WZ222PQ
- Are you interested in a ADHD Family Bundle? CSH (Coordinated School Health) This bundle is for families with a Loudon Co. Schools with a student that has a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD. https://forms.gle/qa1qKTTCaoKH658Y6
- Are you interested in a Take and Make: Garden Kit? The bundle provides families with supplies for a small starter garden and fun activities around gardening. https://forms.gle/VZPRdji3utDzXhyZ8
- We will have TNReady testing in April and May. If you are a FVL they classroom teacher will be in contact regarding your day and time.
- Art to Remember Project: Our school is participating in creative fundraiser with Art to Remember that allows you to purchase keepsake products customized with your child's art. Right now, the students are busy creating colorful, fun artwork, and soon you will receive more information on how you can purchase products while also helping our school raise money! The keepsakes will be ready to order in time for Mother's Day, but they are the perfect gift for any occasion!
- Lastly, please do not forget about your Box Tops. You can tape them to a piece of paper, send them in a baggie, or log them on the website (Home - Box Tops for Education (boxtops4education.com)_
If you ever miss the phone call or delete the email, please know we archive these weekly notes on our website. We hope your family is staying healthy and please reach out if we can be of any help.
Have a great week,